Last month, I made a resolution to go for a walk every day in May. It was such a good decision! I loved it even more than I thought I would, mostly because I decided to walk in a different place every day. I wasn’t sure I would be able to find 31 places to walk, but somehow I did. It was a great excuse to explore trails, parks, and neighborhoods I had never been to. I discovered lots of places that I’m looking forward to enjoying again.
On each of my walks, I took a picture with my iPhone and posted it to Instagram with the hashtag #dailywalk. Looking for something to photograph each day focused my attention on the beautiful world God has created, and I saw things I may not have noticed otherwise. If you follow me on Instagram, you have already seen these photos, but if the rest of you want to see the full-size images, you can find them all here.
It’s so hard to choose my favorites, but the photos from May 5, 8, 17, and 23 are some of the ones I love. (Days 2 and 30 are my least favorites.)
A few interesting facts:
- Ethan rode along (or was carried) for all but three of these.
- My phone jumped out of the stroller onto the sidewalk on May 7. It still works just fine, but the back is very cracked. So sad!
- On May 24, I walked eight laps in our driveway because it was raining.
- I saw a couple buffalo on May 29.
- One photo was taken in Maryland.
- No photos were taken at IKEA, although I was prepared to count a shopping trip as a walk on a rainy day if I needed to.
In 2013, the one little word I’m focusing on is best. The decision to go for daily walks in May was one of the best things I’ve done all year!